Monday, April 21, 2014

Interview

Below is a transcript of the interview i had with a American person of Hmong decent via Facebook. Her family moved to the United States in 1992 and she was born in the United States in 1993. Her name is Mai Yang and she currently live in Los Angeles California:

When did your family come to the United States?

My family came to the United States from Laos in 1993. When i was growing up, my family did not speak much English but today my parents speak English because of work.

What is some of your favorite food from your culture?

My favorite food is my mothers Sweet Pork and Eggs.

How many brothers and sisters do you have? Do you have a large family?

I have two brothers and two sisters that live with me. My Aunt and Uncle who are also from Laos live with me and they have two boys.

What is some of your favorite Hmong events that you still celebrate?

Hmong New Year is my favorite holiday. It is basically like Chinese New Year. We wear traditional Hmong dress and eat all of the native food.

What are some of your favorite things or hobbies?

I'm really into all different types of music. I am actually learning to play guitar which I'm pretty excited about!

No comments:

Post a Comment